Shetland Home Co.
Shetland Home Co is a diverse and community focused enterprise. Its main function is to support re-use and recycling in our isles. It delivers a range of services which have evolved in response to our communities needs.
Everything you can find for sale in the Shetland Home Co has been generously donated by the Shetland community. Things you will be able to find include:
- Furniture including couches, wardrobes, chests of drawers, tables and chairs
- Domestic white goods and electrical items
- Computers, printers and monitors
- Books, DVDs, CD's and Vinyl
- Mirrors and Pictures
- Collectables, China, Glassware and much, much more
Our primary function is to re-use and recycle household items with the aim of reducing waste. Our skilled team maximise this aim by carrying out small repairs, PAT testing all electrical items and ensuring all items are clean and in good working order before sale.
Revolve - national re-use quality standard
We are delighted to announce that we have achieved Revolve Certification in June 2017. Revolve is Scotland’s national re-use quality standard, and aims to increase re-use by improving professionalism, customer experience and visibility of re-use organisations. We are one of 102 certified stores all across Scotland each externally validated and commended for their commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement.
A Zero Waste Scotland report reveals that over 70% of people believe that buying second hand goods offers good value and is often cheaper than buying new and our Revolve certification will help to give shoppers confidence to do just that.
Our organisation has worked successfully through the Revolve certification process, which includes the following:
- Meeting strict standards for organisational legal requirements and product safety. This includes a review of health and safety practices and risk assessment.
- Being awarded the European Foundation of Quality Management (EFQM) ‘Committed to Excellence Award’ by Quality Scotland which recognises business that are committed to quality and continuous improvement. This is European wide quality standard, used by over 30,000 organisations.
- Successfully completing Revolve retail programme which consist of professional training and support to make our customer experience the best that it can be.
How to donate your unwanted items
Its amazing how much your unwanted household items can have value for others. We are particularly interested in donations of computers and large furniture items including tables, chairs, sofas and bedroom furniture.
We appreciate all donations given and happily accept these from you at the Shetland Home Co. If you have large items you would like to donate we offer a collection service for these FREE of charge.
For more information call 01595 696889.
Our friendly delivery team can also deliver large items purchased from us across the Shetland Mainland for a small fee. Delivery fees range from £5 - £15.
For more information call 01595 696889.
Over the years we have steadily increased the recycling of components from electrical appliances, PC's and machinery.
This salvage activity targets high value materials such as PC mother boards for their gold, copper, brass, stainless steel, electric motors, cables, lead acid / lithium ion batteries and mild steel. Our team remove all plastic, rubber, glass and contaminates ready for sale to salvage markets on the UK mainland.
We also sell a pre-pack selection of small components inclucing assorted nuts, bolts, springs, metal axles, jewellery components, knobs and handles for model engineers, DIY enthusiasts, inventors, jewellery makers and people interested in arts and crafts. These can be found on the Shetland Home Co retail floor.
Pet Supplies is a great place for all your small animal requirements.We stock pet food, litters, bedding and bowls, health and hygiene, and grooming and toys.
Plus a lot more that you and your furry and feathery pets need.